Sunday, May 1, 2011

Umm Isn't it May 1? Just wondering . . .

This morning heading to church was super windy with a side of snow.  YES, I said snow!!!  My hubby came to the conclusion that the snow was coming from the mountain, not actually snowing above us.  So that gave us some relief.  But sometime later in the afternoon, this appeared.

But no worries.  It didn't stick, and the sun is out for now.  But I'm sure it's still super cold.  I am sitting underneath my new quilt, which is quite warm (YEA!) and enjoying sunday afternoon.  Netflix has been one of the best things I have ever done.  Especially since we got a WII for a wedding present.  

We cut the cable some time ago and I really don't miss it.  The only channels I'm really missing are bravo, lifetime (ONLY for Project runway), and USA.  But I think you can find most of the shows on HULU.  And when I want to watch a movie or watch an entire series without commercials I turn to Netflix.  They have recently uploaded the movie, "Easy A," which I am kind of obsessed with.  I love the main character, Olive (Played by Emma Stone).  I kind of just enjoy the fact that she, to a point does not care what people think of her, which I admire.  I also her parents and their weird quirks.  Yesterday alone I watched it 4 times.  I might be a little obsessed . . . . but just a tiny bit.  :)  And I just started it.  :)

On the crafting side, I have two project in progress at the moment.



Bible Cover!!!!  I put it together yesterday and started the quilting.  I haven't finished it, but I am still quite proud that I did it.  I used my machine, with lots of patience, to sew the main part together.  After conversing with my wonderful friend Kelsey, I think I have diagnosed the problem with my machine.  It will require a trip to JoAnn's, but who dreads that???  

The other project is Knitting.


From Knitty, "Omelet"

I am excited that this pattern showed up.  I bought this yarn years ago to make this, but the yarn I felt was too small for the project so I bought something else.  I bought two skeins of this tiny pink yarn and it has been sitting in my stash for some time.  Every time I would go through my stash to see what I had and what I could make, I looked at this yarn with disdain.  I mean it's tiny, and there's a lot of it, and only a small quantity of project require it.  So, to say the least it was rather an eyesore in my stash, but no more.  I only hope that it all gets used!!!

So for now the sun is out, I wonder what the mountain looks like, probably very white!

Here is a pic of what Whitacre has been doing all day


Three blankets in a papasan chair makes for a very happy kitty.



1 comment:

  1. You and Whit stay warm!

    What beautiful things you're working on--I love the Bible cover, and that pink is fantastic. :-)

    ReplyDelete