Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Lazy OCDer

Hmm  . . . . . . an interesting title but I think it completely describes me.  Quilting, as I dive in every time is a time consuming project.  Lot's of steps are involved in putting it all together: picking fabric; washing; ironing; cutting; sewing back together; more sewing; then my favorite part is the hand sewing.  But many of those steps require some perfection.  I do not consider myself a perfectionist and I find some poetry in not caring if it is perfect.  I still love what I have made and those imperfections make the quilt that much more interesting to look at.  In knitting, there is a tale that you always have one imperfection so that the bad spirits can get out.  Well, my quilt has many places for the bad spirits to get out.

Everyone Enjoy your Day!  It's a rather cold one here, but in Texas it's nice and warm and stormy.  Please don't rub it in, I'm jealous!  

No comments:

Post a Comment