Thursday, May 19, 2011

I mean come on, it's a dog blanket right?


She is such a good poser!  


Anyways, I made a quilt for the dog.  It's relatively small but an exciting project to have.  HOWEVER,  Last weekend I googled searched quilt blogs and found some amazing blogs to follow for inspiration.  P.S. I quilt and Lazy Gal Quilting are a delight to read and I love them for completely different reasons. P.S. I Quilt has wonderful inspiration.  She happens to be a big fan of Moda.  I am sad that I haven't figured out how to order online, but there are several shops I may have to venture to and buy some (and I hear my husband grumbling).  I love Lazy Gal quilting because her quilts are not perfect.  Each blanket has it quirks and her personality all over it.  As a person who feels that measuring and measuring before cutting is a serious waste of time, its refreshing to find to see her quilts and just do what you want!  But in any case, her quilts look awesome and I love the pics of her cats and her reviews of her favorite shows!  

So after looking through my new blogs, I was pretty inspired to say the least.  So I cut and hand pieced the quilt, partially because my sewing machine is on the fritz and I just don't want to try to mess with it and partially because I just wanted to see if I could hand piece something.  Then I hand pieced the whole quilt together.  And then I started the hand quilting process.  I think I was rather ambitious.


I drew small swirls and then hand quilted with two different color thread.  I haven't even finished the first square on the front (Wait for the pic, its coming!) and I am dreading finishing it.  But I think that if I get up the courage to do it, it will be a durable quilt to last for Kina.  SO here is the photo's I promised!


The Front


The Back.

They are very pink and kind of off but I like it all the same!

So help my brain not become extremely frustrated, I had offered to make an item that I had shown on here before.  It was really exciting to make this for her so here is a sneak peak, or the whole thing!



Yea for Headbands!  I saw these two colors at Walmart and just had to get both!  The colors are a little darker than they show in the pic but I love them!

Speaking of Walmart guess what I found!


A Jellyroll that looks absolutely fabulous.  I've been wanting to buy a jellyroll just to see what I could come up with.  I think I may make another bible cover for another bible that I read from time to time.

Brainstorming Corner   

I love to knit and I am loving working with fabric.  I should combine these two crafts right?  YES!  I should.  I have thought about knitting some squares and making a blanket.  I have also thought about making two sided placemats.  One side is knitted, the other side is fabric.  I am excited about the brainstorming that coming out and I am kind of excited to see how it all turns it out.  Maybe if I feel like they are awesome I may toy with the idea of an etsy shop.  Maybe . . . . . .

So to say the least I have a lot of projects in process or in brainstorming process.  Stay tuned to see what turns up here.

Random last statement

I looked up what Kina's name means . . . . .  One place says it is Hawaiian for China, while another is hebrew or Hawaiian for Judged.  I think I would prefer it to be China, but that seems like a weird name for a dog.  But it's better than the one we had settled on before we got her.  Zimmer.  :)  Yep, David was totally in for naming our second animal after the Movie music composer, Hans Zimmer. (cue the laughs from people who know my obsession with Hans.)










No comments:

Post a Comment