Monday, June 27, 2011

Project of the Week!

So I was doing laundry.  Realized that a certain blanket needed to be washed of the cat hair that whit leaves behind and remembered the awesome time I had making it so I thought I would share it's story.  Which got me to thinking, but first . . .



May I introduce you to "The Holiday" quilt.  During my love sick days (and by that I mean the days when I wished for love to come aka PRE Husband) I fell in love with a certain movie called "The Holiday".  I became pretty darn obsessed with the movie.  I fell in love with the soundtrack (also by Hans Zimmer) so much that I walked down the aisle at my wedding to the song "Maestro". I also watched it like a million times and fell in love with the house in England.  I absolutely loved the characters in the movie.  The things that Cameron and Kate characters did were in my opinion so real.  So I went to my local fabric shop and bought fabrics that I thought spoke "The Holiday".  The backing was a left over from my grandmother that had recently passed away which just happened to work perfectly.  I think she was intending it to be a skirt but I think it's a better use for me.  :)  This was my second quilt that I had made.  My intention was to use the quilt as a sampler quilt.  Each square would have it's own hand stitch idea.  I have since stitched almost 3 full squares . .. .  I might have to pick it up again.  SO basically it's  work in progress that may take a long time but I don't mind!  

So I am thinking that it might be an awesome idea to have a project of the week.  Something that I'm working on will be featured once a week.  We shall see if I can keep up with this!


In other news

I gots a pedicure today!  I have been wanting one badly and finally got one!  

Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment