Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Flowers and knitting and hiking oh my

Well hello again to all!  What a week it has been here at our house so where to even begin???


Well the first thing that I immediately wanted to post as soon as it happened of course!


Friday, my hubby had the day off so we were starting a three day weekend.  We had a conversation the night before and he brought up the fact that he hasn't been camping in a while . . . .  The only reason this existed is because I am a worry wort.  His idea of camping is going out for a week.  No cell service, no bathroom, just him and the wilderness.  Which is great for him but not so good for a worry wort.  But any ways, friday morning I woke up and said, "You should go camping."  He at first was a little apprehensive.  But I was like yea you should go.  I got up and went to starbucks across the street (don't ever, ever do this!!  Lot's of money gets wasted just because it is so close . . .)  when I came back his box of camping gear was all over the living room floor and he turned to me and said, "Can I go?  Really can I go?" (Imagine in a 5 year old voice).  Well how was I supposed to say no to that?  So he went but came back the next day and had in hand two bottles of wine and flowers.  What can I say, I married good.  :)




The wine, he said, he bought from a couple that just makes wine from the grapes that they grow in their front yard.  How cool.  :)

On the knitting front I have been quite busy.  I have mostly finished my mother's shawl.  I just need to make the collar and fit it and then we are pretty much done but here is a preview of this awesomely frustrating project.



Pretty cool huh?  Well after I finished this for now I also started and finished a hat that I had started, pulled out, redid, etc.  It was stressful but I started it yesterday about 4ish and finished it just before bed. I will have to admit that is pretty awesome.  :)  Now sorry the pic isn't of me.  I am having a lazy hair day . . . . . 




But for now the most exciting thing that I am looking forward to right now is that tomorrow it is supposed to rain.  I love rain and have always wanted to just sit and enjoy the rain.  Guess what, I can!  Maybe some more knitting projects are coming.  


So to end today's post is a cheer for the Texas Rangers!  It's too bad that we had to move for them to win, but hey it's all good.  The game should be starting soon!  So I guess I will end todays post.  See y'all next time.


2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to give each other space, because it always makes the returning wonderful... :-)

    Love the knitting projects! Can't wait to see how those socks turn out.

    So glad that you've got a blog. It looks just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN SEE DAVY'S FACE RIGHT NOW..."CAN I GO, REALLY CAN I GO?" LOL, BRINGS A SMILE TO MY FACE. HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL :)

    WHEN ARE YALL GOING TO BE BACK IN LUBBOCK? CANT WAIT TO SEE YALL AGAIN :) HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL.

    ReplyDelete